How to Have Beautiful Hair Everyday
I read a great list of hair care and styling tips at FeelUnique’s Beauty All Access. They have 36 tips that will help you have great hair everyday. All of the tips are reasonable and don’t involve anything too crazy or expensive even. The tips come courtesy of ten different hair experts and range from hair and scalp care to volumizing to colouring to styling. They’ve got several tips that I already follow, so I’m feeling pretty good about that! But there are definitely a few that I’m going to have to try out.
I’ve got a few of the tips that I wanted to highlight because I think that they are so great that even if you don’t want to read the whole article, these are things you’ve got to know. Here are my favourites:
- 1. If possible wash hair daily – think how dirty your face gets by the end of a day, and you take your hair to the same places. Philip Kingsley
- 5. Throw away your dryer nozzle, you don’t need it plus it can lead to excessive damage. Michael Van Clarke
- 9. Dry, split ends make hair look dull and lifeless and having them trimmed off is the fast way to getting hair in good condition. Nick Irwin
- 11. If you want to get real supermodel hair like Rosie Huntington-Whiteley or Gisele, rough dry the hair and then take random sections and wrap around big tongs, the secret is to leave the roots and at least an inch/half-inch at the ends and just tong the middle section.George Northwood
- 14. Book a conditioning treatment when your colour is done or use an over-night deep conditioning treatment soon after. Nick Irwin
- 19. For an easy, at-home concoction for healing scalps and increasing shine mix 2 tablespoons each of almond, olive and coconut oil, massage through from the ends of the hair to the roots and leave in for one hour. Wash thoroughly after. Nicola Clarke
- 20. For the perfect at-home blowdry, always use a leave-in conditioner or blow dry lotion as a heat protectant and cuticle smoother. Use a root booster/volumiser on the roots and comb through to give lasting volume and hold, then use large round brushes and blow-dry section by section. Peter Gray
- 29. I can’t live without my Tangle Teezer. It’s amazing for all hair types and I always keep one in my kit. Nicola Clarke
- 32. I swear by dry shampoo, I can’t live without it. Use it on freshly washed hair to add texture and volume. Never spray directly on to partings or roots and always spray in sections. Sarah Louise
I bought a Tangle Teezer recently after reading something about it somewhere that I don’t recall right now. If you haven’t heard of it, here is a brief snip from the FeelUnique website about it:
Glides through wet, vulnerable and colour treated hair with no pulling, tugging or yanking. Hair peace at last!
– Ideal for all hair types.
– Gentle, effortless detangling for both wet and dry hair.
– Increases shine noticeably.
I think this is essential, especially for those of us that have very fine hair. When your hair is wet it is really prone to breakage and somehow this magical, weird looking brush puts an end to that. My hair really does look better when I use it and the knots or what have you from washing come out much more easily with this too. So, it’s one hair care product that I would definitely suggest for everyone, no matter what type of hair you have or what you do to it after you brush it. We all wash our hair and everyone can use this afterwards to keep their hair in better shape.
I love a good leave in conditioner to keep my hair healthy, especially after I get it coloured. So, I am definitely going to try the make at home mixture from almond, coconut, and olive oil. I can’t wait to see how it works on my hair! I’ll let you know if it is a good thing or a total disaster.
Go do something nice for your hair and follow some of these tips!